Wednesday 21 July 2021

Samsung Q950A (Review) - Rethinking Home Theater!

So let's start with I already have an amazing 5.1 surround system/setup, but it can not do atmos or dtsX... so there was no way for me to get these 3 surround layers.

I did look into expanding my KEF/Emotiva system with upfiring speakers or even installing speakers into the ceiling and the whole thing was crazy amount of work and out of my budget. Also I didn't like the look of it at all (it's a living room, not a home cinema). Ok so long story short, thanks to the Q950A I have that Cinema innersion sounds at home. No the sounds is not as rich as my KEF/Emotiva surround system. But the detail and innersion are well worth the trade off. Additionally gaming is noticeably more immersive and the games that support atmos sound breathtakingly good. The separation of sounds effects, environment, music and voice is extremely good.  
Ok so is it the best money I ever spend (in terms of hifi gear) well after the Schitts Freya + it is. So if you want that cinema sounds at home and immersive gaming, go for it.  Oooo and my existing 5.1 is not going anywhere as stereo, surround and SACD music sounds better on it. Possibly the best bonus feature of the Q950A is that is fits and works with my existing system.          

Here is a (somewhat more proper) review...     



No comments: