Monday 24 February 2020

Why don't we shoot all movies on a Holodeck?

Long time ago I had a long conversation with Michael Mann about shooting special effects movies. Basically I was trying to talk Micheal into making another science fiction movie. I love The Keep and Michael has been sitting on an amazing sci-fi script/story for many years...

Anyway I think this is a few step closer to freeing filmmakers from the dreaded green screen. Still a long way from scenery actually materializing as it happens on a 'real' holodeck. I fear this tech may sill not be trasperent or real enough for Michael... So as is The Keep is the only Michael Mann sci-fi we will have.                   


https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2020/02/the-mandalorian-was-shot-on-a-holodeck-esque-set-with-unreal-engine-video-shows/

No comments: