Saturday 22 March 2008

APB (All Points Bulletin)

I had some time to listen to a few of the GDC 08 presentation. I tell you I am quite impressed with APB and the (high quality) no bullshit approach of David Jones. The 1st 20minutes of the presentation; the visual demonstration of the character customization do not make much impact as audio only, but after that when David gets into explaining the overall concept it becomes quite interesting. I can only hope that Realtime Worlds is up to the task of keeping a game world like this fresh and exciting. I envision the tie-in with last.fm will take game audio into a new direction, quite excited about that. Well if Crackdown was the 1st step then we are in for a wild APB ride. Most of the presentation is out on youtube, I suggest having a look.

No comments: